The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time I seenthe Beach Boys was 1972 last night it was 2 Orignal members of 1 hr 45 min non stop music ,song after song Bolder Stadium ( Pomona NY ) was packed every song like always sounds of yesteryear was just like the LPs of crowd tie dye shirts , bails heads were everywhere , Liverpool ( The Beatles ) was the warm up band

·
angler
2,275 Posts
Which two members? They broke up again and vowed not to go on tour. I saw Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and some of the other usual subs that took the place of the deceased Dennis Wilson and Carl Wilson at Woodstock last year. Great concert and persons of all ages were into the music and video on large projection screens. There had to be a few thousand.

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
yeah, they still give a great show...I was fortunate to catch that classic concert back in the 70s when they toured with CHICAGO..non stop hit songs all night from both bands...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I saw them some time in the 70's. First concert or one of the first concerts at Giants stadium. I only went because my girlfriend at that time wanted to see them. They were surprisingly good ( I wasn't into anything that wasn't loud and heavy). I think it was one of those shows with a bunch of bands-Beach Boys (I think they had top billling and closed the show). Also saw Steve Miller, Pablo Cruise, New Riders, Willie Nelson I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.