The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a two day tournament on Lake Champlain. My partner Rick and I have patterened a productive day ending with a 20lbs 4oz bag and what would be a first place finish. Now here comes the story. I lose a main recirc pump in the livewell. We lose 3 fish and take a dead fish penality that puts us 4oz off the lead. We start day two. The conditions change. Our spot is drying up. We lose a 5lbs+ Largemouth at the side of the boat. We start to scramble. We prepare a new pattern to attack. That's when the food poisioning that we, and what turns out to be almost the entire field, comes down with. Were forced to go in, take a DNF and face the most miserable 6 hour drive home. I love Bass fishing! ツ <`)))><

·
A Knight Without Armour
4,033 Posts
Bug
Can't read your post for some reason. Shows in preview. Replies are visible. Maybe repaste?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The place was The Edgewater Resort in Bomasein, VT. The VT dept of health is checking on it now. We all lost weight and a lot more! No the winers didn't use bad potato salad just better timeing. They paid dearly on the 6 hour ride home and slept on the bathroom floor at home.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The place was The Edgewater Resort in Bomasein, VT. The VT dept of health is checking on it now. We all lost weight and a lot more! No the winers didn't use bad potato salad just better timeing. They paid dearly on the 6 hour ride home and slept on the bathroom floor at home.
That sucks, I stay there every time there is a tourney out of South Bay. I've always been happy and they have killer wings. I'll have to make sure we don't eat there next time.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The Trak steak house

Anyone who only ate downstairs at the bar(short order)had no problems. Eleven of twelve who ate upstairs in the dining room on friday night got sick.:furious: Yea, I was one of them. Bad ending to an otherwise great trip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bad day at Champlain

What a great limit on your first day a Champlain. Too bad you and Rick had such terrible luck with the fish and with food poisoning. Ugh!

Keep up the good work it shows that you can compete with the best!

We are planning on being at Bomoseen on the 9/19 thru 9/21 and are very concerned about eating there. Please let me know if you find out what the problem is.

Frank K

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
lesson here... you travel to a tourney, careful what you eat... hot muggy weather no help either...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.