The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and i last spring were fishing in the Great Sacandaga Lake like we do every weekend. We started to use a baby beaver soft plastic with crayfish smell and letting it drift slowly off the bottom. The SMB were going crazy for this tactic in the spring but slowed down in summer. We started to use other tactics but just tellin y'all for sumtin to try.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One of my friends did great on a baby beaver with a 3/8 to 1/2 oz. football shaky head last year too.
Thanks for the tip, I should try it this year.

·
Wishin' I'm Fishin'
18,645 Posts
Bender,

Those USL Smallies love GYCB twin-tailed hulas on football or standup heads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i haven't tried em with a shakey head yet but i will. 3/8 to 1/2 oz is what i used, mainly 1/4 jig heads

·
LIVE TO FISH FISH TO LIVE
881 Posts
The small beavers are great on shakey heads and other techniques mentioned. Dont forget to try drop shotting them as well. They work really well with that technique. I personally use the Smallie beavers. These are 3.5" but still kind of bulky. The best ones for dropshotting or that I like as well are the BPS ones. I have them in my basement. I think there only 3" or so? maybe 3.5" but not even close to as bulky as the Reaction Innovation ones.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just picked up some Netbait Baby B-Bugs today, can't wait to try them. I'll check out the BPS ones too, hopefully they are on sale in the spring classic.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've used smallie beavers on dropshots to great effect on Champlain in the past. I'll have to give the shakey style a shot, at some point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts