The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I linked up with Jamie Doxtater who's up here on leave from the Coast Gaurd and we hit Chaumaont Bay Friday morning with the A-rig.

On Sunday August 4th Mike Cusano and I linked up with Chris Bowes, Jon Stewart, Bruce and a couple other B.A.S.S. Staffers fresh off of the Oneida Lake Open and they merely wanted a day on the water to decompress from the hectic week they just had. We launched at the Marina at Onondaga Park around 6 AM and fished until noon. All four boats report catching 20-25 fish with the biggest only going 3 lb. 13 ozs. Nothing monsterous, but a fun rod bending kind of day with good people and that's what its all about.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Great report, thanks for sharing. It's great to hear how well the lake recovery process is going. I remember doing a lot of college work on Onondaga when I was going to school ESF.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Burnie Thanks a lot for another great trip and it's always a blast to learn how to work a new bait from someone who has been using them regularly to help build confidence with it, I wish I would have thought to drop a waypoint on my phone to head back out and try to pickup a walleye from the jet ski, I think I found the hump when I was out looking and one of these evenings I'll head back out and see if I can find an eye or two. I'm not sure of the style of swimbaits I was using either, the only six I have (the reason I was using 3 white and 2 green) are out of the mystery tackle box that comes to the house. We are in town until roughly the middle of next week, I know you have obligations with the tournament next weekend but if you find yourself wanting some company for an after work trip let me know.

I say this every time I get the opportunity to fish with Burnie - When he throws the offer out to join him and you can get your schedules to link up, take him up on his offer. You are guaranteed to put fish in the boat and if there is a technique you want to work on let him know he'll tailor a trip to an area where you'll get bit. After 4 hours I now know where the "A rig" is successful and am comfortable pulling it out

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Come back to Onondaga in September, those big fish will start showing up more regularly. I was out there Saturday and caught 20 in 6 hours, but couldn't get anything over 3 lbs. Chatterbait was working that day too, and I also got a tiger. There are some absoulte monster tigers in that lake, I've seen some in the shallows in the 45-50" range, but haven't ever caught one that big. Love catching those Tigers, fight like crazy and even had them jump 3 feet out of the water like a smallmouth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.