The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met JaydBee at a local watering hole for a day of bassin'......Started out w/ 2 small dinks before the lights came on......With the cooling temperatures(not the water though...water was 77 degrees), we thought today was going to be our day for redemption, but didn't play out that way...We tried everything but no takers....at least nothing besides a few dinks.....John missed a nice LM before it came over the rails.....shortly after I got Mr. Brownie(pictured) but nothing to brag about...The best part of that fish was I broke my new Quantum Energy E25 PtiC reel in....I was happy about that at least....Right before we were going to leave John got a small Larry on a d/s......at least we didn't get skunked.....Maybe Sunday morning will be a better day on the water.....until then....Have a nice weekend!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
We had 14 setups between us all rigged up. Couldn't move without bumping into a pole. You'd think that such fine young fishermen as us would've put a whooping on those bronzebacks!!! But alas, we were humbled once again by a fish with a brain the size of a pea...

Enjoyed the day, anyway. I had good company!!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had 14 setups between us all rigged up. Couldn't move without bumping into a pole. You'd think that such fine young fishermen as us would've put a whooping on those bronzebacks!!! But alas, we were humbled once again by a fish with a brain the size of a pea...

Enjoyed the day, anyway. I had good company!!!

Who in your boat was young?....LOL....Had a great day John as always.....See you again very soon.....

·
Administrator
21,701 Posts
We had 14 setups between us all rigged up. Couldn't move without bumping into a pole.
I can relate! lol....when fishing is tough, and there is no set pattern, you have to try a lot of things....I remember many a summer where you could fish with one or two rods, because there was a stability to the pattern during most of the summer....those days are gone...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.