The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this line and it looks really interesting. Low stretch and memory, hi abbrasion, limp and castable. I have never heard anyone fishing it so as good as it sounds on paper I am curious how it sounds in water. If anyone has tried it I'd be curious what you think.

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Bassrat turned me on to some last season. I dont know how it works on a baitcasting rig, but it is absolutely MISERABLE for Spinning reels. It started to twist up on me within a half hour of use. I'm sticking with regular hybrid for spinning.

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it was too good to be true.

Which p-line variant have you guys used? I want to use it on my castaic.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
6,547 Posts
ive never tried it but why use it when hybrid is so good.and leigh if u say it is worse than hybrid on spinning i can imagine how bad it is cause hybrid sucks on spinning.

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
Hybrid sucks on spinning?....dont know about that, but when I ran out of P-line and used Hybrid in the 6 and 8 lb lines, to me, they were OK, not bad.

What makes a line suck on spinning gear? .....

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
6,547 Posts
it has too much twist on spinning.thats just my opinion

·
Pitchin' Fool
4,397 Posts
Reel Line Magic. This stuff works.

I dont care what line you use. There's going to be twists here and now ( even P-line) and a healthy dose of silicon spray will fix the problem.

Joe

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Thanks Joe--I'm gonna try some of that....maybe I'll just use yours!:D :eek:

·
Registered
460 Posts
hybrid.... on my spinning gear works for me..

some twists... but heh its spinning gear...never tried the silicone treatment....will see about that...thanks

:beerchug:

·
Registered
242 Posts
X-Tex = Junk. I have another spool laying around if someone wants it....

Besides the horrid color, it is way to stiff and thick for its size.

seth V

·
Registered
241 Posts
You are all over it again Joe!! I get by using the P-Line CXX-Xtra Strong by using a little bit of the Reel Magic or Tangle Free on it to start the day. A little bit can make a huge difference.
ScottB

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
P-line users

Seems some of you guys are using p-line. Any on baitcasters? Which line for pithcing...fluroclear, 100%fluro, cx?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I use CXX Xtra Strong 17# for a lot of things including pitching. It is tough as nails and VERY abrasion resistant. It definitely has some memory issues but that is what the Reel Magic and Tangle Free are for :D
ScottB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: P-line users

Wandy said:
Seems some of you guys are using p-line. Any on baitcasters? Which line for pithcing...fluroclear, 100%fluro, cx?
I use ccx p-line for all of my baitcasters. 12lb for most things, 15 lb for heavy cover and 20 for the thick stuff. Tough stuff, works great.

seth v

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used XPS floro. this past season...it worked pretty good for me.
If you want some good silicone spray try "Zep Par NC"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts