The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
angler
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't fished there in years and was thinking of giving it a try next week. I never knew the deeper structure it offers and only remember catching dinks. It should be a challenge.

·
Many Experts, No Pros!
2,069 Posts
It has a nice parking area, just watch for deep pot holes going in especially if you have a low vehicle like a car. Road going in is very narrow (one lane) but I've never had another vehicle coming in/out at the same time as me. Boat launch has a nice small wooden dock that is fairly well maintained.

When you launch & come out small stretch of water from launch there is a narrow but shallow path to the far right that I normally go down with a frog tied on. Another spot that's been good to me is shoreline along rock wall on far (opposite) side of boat launch. I'd suggest starting on far left side of that shoreline (as you exit launch into lake), that far side has always been better for me then you can work your way down back toward launch.

Good luck! 🎣

·
angler
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been there over a dozen times and know the areas you suggested. Thanks. The juvenile jail used to restrict how far you could fish from one shoreline. Wonder if it's still there. I remember one year in fall I fished the cove to the right with gray/purple/blue skirt spinner bait with a large willow leaf and caught a dozen schooled bass in shallow water. All dinks but a memory I won't forget. My best from there was over 3 on a white spinner bait.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.