The New York Bass Forums banner

Anybody get any cool fishing gear for Christmas?

4K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  BUDDYROW 
#1 ·
I made out pretty good. My wife bought me a few packages of tubes, a ice fishing pole, and one of those new Shimano boxes that keep your baits seperated. My Mom really stepped up big and bought me a couple of poles from BPS and an Abu Garcia EON baitcaster. Also two Rapala DT crankbaits and some hooks.....now I just have to wait 3 months to use everything. I also got the new BassPro catalog in the mail yesterday...it's the biggest catalog I have ever gotten from them. Enjoy the holidays everybody....Mark

#3 ·
I got a new crankin' setup:

Quantum Energy 640PT baitcasting reel with a 4.4:1 gear ratio matched with a BPS Extreme 6'6" MH rod. Maybe I should have gone for 7' but I'm more domfortable with the 6'6".

It will be used for larger deep diving cranks and is my first 'one-trick pony' setup.

I also got a little cash which I may or may not turn into a G. Loomis IMX baitcasting rod for worming/jig-n-pig. IT would be my first Loomis freshwater rod, although the surf rod I have by them is awesome.

Mark

#5 ·
Mark: you are going to love how little resisitance you get with those big cranks when using that lower ratio reel!

Wandy: make sure you report to us on how those Kistler Rods perform this upcoming season!

Joe: a few jigs??? LOL......

other than movies , which is primarily what I put on my list, my Mom and In laws give me some cash.....will use it on a Cabelas trip in Jan.....

G
#6 ·
Falcon FTOs

My family ponied up for enough FTOs to change out the main compartment on the Ranger. They are fairly small compared to the Planos. The spinnerbait design is innovative. The crankbait slots keep the baits neat, untangled and organized but the box holds fewer baits than the Plano. I'll write up a review (opinion) after I am done. Also found a few Live Pointers in my stocking!

#7 ·
Got a great BPS set-up, 7` MH Extreme rod with a Quantum Catalyst reel. Would have been even better if the reel wasn`t broken!!!!!!!:cussing:

Looks like it was already return once and then i got it.

It will be on it`s way back , later today.

The rod itself looks and feels great!!!

#8 ·
joe p said:
galyans certificates $350!!......think ill stock up on some brush hogs and vibra king tubes...
JOE----whose your buddy Joe?

Not yet but still hopefull. I did get myself a new Shimano Sahara and a BPS Xtreme baitcaster.
Bah Humbug! LOL

#9 ·
I'm getting an All Star flipping stick... My dad ordered it about a month ago and when it came in the mail a few weeks ago it was broken so he sent it back and I should be getting the new one soon. I also got a Curado 200, a large spinnerbait storage box along with a few more spinnerbaits, and the Larry Nixon video on summer season bass(I already watched it twice :D). I can't wait to get out there and use this stuff. Happy Holidays - Fishinut

#11 ·
Let's see wife came up with some good gifts this year. A Castaway 6'10 jig rod from Northern Bass Supply as well as a few jigs to go with it. Got the X-Box and 7 games from family and friends. Got both versions of Two Towers(long/short). " White Blood Cells' by the White Stripes was a cool stocking gift. Can anyone reading this spare 57 AA batteries,holy crap every thing the kids got needs the suckers. I thought we were smart and bought 12 just in case but they went by 8:30am.

#15 ·
I guess I was good

I got a small tackle box from my wife. I have one that's really small and one that's really big, now when I reorganize I can split up some of my stuff so none of my boxes will be so heavy. Got one of those Minn Kota battery meters, so I'll have a little more peace of mind on the water. Also a few nicer spinnerbaits and some cash that I will likely "convert".:D

Felix- I have one of those "bazuka" rod cases. Only thing I use it for is storage now, but it can't be beat for that, never had a rod break in the garage. When we were moving on the average of every two years, I packed my rods in it and they arrived safely every time.:D

Bink- yeah, I have batteries!:D Where should I send them? :) I understand perfectly. With four children and lots of battery operated toys, I learned a few years ago how to buy AA batteries: ebay.:D This year I bought some from a photo developing shop in NJ. They are from inside disposable cameras, but most still have nearly a full charge. A box of 700 (yes, seven HUNDRED) ran just over $30, including shipping. I checked them out with a meter, and out of the first 100 or so, only had to throw out ten. I assure you they work just fine, as I type this the house is NOIIISY! :D

Glad Santa was good to everyone.

#16 ·
yea my girlfriend did good.i got 2 7 foot 6 inck bionic blade rods in medium action and 2 bassbro reels.the 6 ball bearing round bait casters.not bad at least she is good for something

#21 ·
Dean Thanks for the congrats. I have two others one 5 years old and another age 10 both Bass fisherman . My 10 yearold grandson Iwas happy to have as my fishing partner at ST Lawance this year on vac. Best day I've ever had fishing . He had me 4 to 0 catching Smallies I came back with 5 but his 4 put me to shame, I'm sure he will remember that for ever.Finger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.