The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.
Just wondering if anyone has been fishing Muscoot and how the fishing has been. Have seen no reports and know in the past few years smaller fish had been showing up. Gregg and John I know you guys have fished it in the past. Just curious.
I have not fished it in about 3 years.
SteveA

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not muscoot really, but Ive been hitting NC-West pretty hard lately and have been having less than favorable results. Averaging about 3-5 fish over a 4-5 hour time period and all small fish. Nicest one was about 4lbs +/-. All others were dinky. Ive been throwing everything I got at em. Different lures, different depths, heavy cover, open water, etc. I dont use electronics but sure wish I had em. Ive only been fishing NC for a week or so, today was my 4th time ever on this res. Still got some work to do to figure out this puzzle. Some great looking bass habitat though. Some places you know theres gotta be some nice fish holding, just cant get em to eat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live right by the Muscoot Reservoir. It is really weedy the whole summer, great for some topwater frogs. I always use senkos, rigged weedless. That usually produces a lot of bites. Another thing you can use that ALWAYS produces is worms, get back to basics sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.