The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been on the Mohawk lately, wasn't sure with the temps if the bite has picked up with the fall feed bag. Ready to break out my white flukes. Any stretches been good? May hit it this weekend for a few hours/

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I had a club tourney today out of Crescent. I pre fished that section a couple times prior. Water is as low as I've seen it there, lots of exposed wood. Fishing was tough both times I pre fished but seemed to pick up a little today. Our clubs weights overall were better than I expected given the conditions and massive cold front that blew in.. Caught them on a mix of crankbaits, top water and jigs. I also caught a bunch of walleye, and some real good ones, a couple over 4lbs.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw there was a couple tournaments on the hawk' may head out Monday or Tuesday instead. Never fished the Crescent pool, did most guys lock up or stay in that pool. Smallies or largemough dominate the scales.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Fished it this morning from around 7am till 11am put the jon boat in at maalwick park and headed up toward lock 9. got a couple bass on crankbaits and a northern pike, Also had a chub inhale a crankbait lol. Was extremely windy which made fishing tough.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Saw there was a couple tournaments on the hawk' may head out Monday or Tuesday instead. Never fished the Crescent pool, did most guys lock up or stay in that pool. Smallies or largemough dominate the scales.
Mixed bags, I had 4 LM and 1 SM. Most guys opt to stay in the Crescent pool when a tourney is held there, but some will lock up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might hit the Crescent pool tomorrow, where is the launch, obviously I have never fished this stretch. Big stretch of water so I will have to do some searching. People tell me this stretch fishes like a lake. Any truth to this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.