The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got out of work today early and decided to hit the water solo. The wind was nasty today and it was cold. We got a crazy amount of rain in the last few days and the lake is up 2ft or so but the water clarity is great.

I switched between jig's and deep cranks. I would find active fish and get some on deep cranks, then pick up another one or two with a jig. However, like usual the deep cranks produced the biggest. Fish were aggressive.

Im not sure how many fish I caught but I would say around 10. Give or take one or two....However, I lost 2-3 at the boat side. One was maybe around 6lb's. Hard to say because I only had the head up, but it was big.

here are some of the average size fish for this afternoon.

and for the one that counts.....

7lbs 9oz's

video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9kyncx7rkM&feature=youtu.be

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
Very nice Andrew ... the cold front and rain seemed to shut them down here over the weekend.
They should be very active this week, now go get that 8 !!!

BB

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice Andrew ... the cold front and rain seemed to shut them down here over the weekend.
They should be very active this week, now go get that 8 !!!

BB

Have you fished deep? I have been getting big fish for the last 2 solid weeks deep. They are definitely starting to move into their fall hangout spots, getting ready to chase bait when that temperature drops....My Guess is within the next few weeks, the big girls will be stacked where I want them to be.

and if your fishing on the bottom right now, you are below the big girls. All the big fish I have been getting are suspended...smaller ones on the bottom.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice fish Andrew!!!!!!!....You are the man......going out in the am and gonna try to get a few on my waters.....Check your fb.....FISH DEFINATELY ON!!!

·
Mission Accomplished
4,535 Posts
Have you fished deep? I have been getting big fish for the last 2 solid weeks deep. They are definitely starting to move into their fall hangout spots, getting ready to chase bait when that temperature drops....My Guess is within the next few weeks, the big girls will be stacked where I want them to be.

and if your fishing on the bottom right now, you are below the big girls. All the big fish I have been getting are suspended...smaller ones on the bottom.

I haven't fished your lake at all this year ... My few honey holes don't get deep at all, more swamp like.
I plan on making it up there in the next month or so.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If this fish was in his fall gorge, he would have been well over 8lbs. He was just a big fish and he doesnt have the belly that he will have in a few weeks. Its a good sign tho that they are showing up to my deep spots. They are a little later this year for sure, but they are starting to stack....

I just go from spot to spot and drop anchor, and just fish the crap out of it. To much of a hassle to troll around without a foot controlled trolling motor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.