The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was excited to finally get out fishing sinc eI moved to Long Island. Unfortunately I don't have the time to care and mantain a motor boat so I decided to put together a pretty cool inflatable boat with a customized plywood floor.

In case anyone is interested in boating I have added a picture of me fishing in Forge pond with the boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i3arhXgTeE&feature=share_email
As you can see it is a Intex Mariner 4. The boat already comes with a slatted floor in which you can stand up in. I added the plywood floor with indoor/outdoor carpet so you can actually walk around comfortably and kick your shoes off. I also added two swivel seats for easy fishing.

I dont have a trollin gmotor in this picture becasue this was before I registered it at the DMV. Yep, thats right even a trolling motor on an inflatable boat needs registration which is a pain in the ass to get.

Here is a you tube video of the floor being created.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was one of the first threads ive opened since joining the site the other day and may i say this is a great idea im gonna have to try out, been fishing the same boat for years and never thought of anything like this! Thanks so much for the idea

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mariner 4 update Lake Ronkonkoma

Went put to Ronkonkoma today. Tough day fishing. Very choppy waters and windy. Not a bite. But there is never a bad day when you're on the boat. Here is a nice pic I took from the launch ramp.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the water was very choppy. I threw spinnerbaits brush hogs jigs my dad was using nightcrawlers.. Nothing seemed to bite. any suggestions I would appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts