The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike/John,
Last season I noticed many people posted "back seat available" on different sections of the board when they wanted to invite other members to fish with them.

With that in mind, how about incorporating "The Meeting Ground" in the Anglers Cove Section. This would be a dedicated section for all members to post their interest to fish with a new member or anyone in general.

Just a thought.......

Ronnie

·
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
Fair enough, thanks for the consideration !

Ronnie

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think it is a great idea. It will keep the forums more organized and focus on what they were intended to discuss.

·
Administrator
11,528 Posts
Yes but you also don't want to wind up with to many different boards. Places to Fish is a good place to post an open seat, it gets the most views

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
one thing i've felt about the forums in general is that too many people post in PLACES TO FISH subjects that aren't necessarily related to PLACES TO FISH... i would rather have a more balanced forums, where each forum is focused on it's topic... with that in mind, i think i will merge PLACES TO FISH and FISHING REPORTS, since they are basically the same topic and start this new MEETING GROUND forum... what the hell!

·
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mikeD in NYC said:
... i would rather have a more balanced forums, where each forum is focused on it's topic...
Mike: Exactly...that was my intention ! :beerchug:

Thanks,
Ronnie

·
Banned
5,446 Posts
Ronnie,
I like the way you think! I also enjoyed finally getting a chance to meet you at the show even though we live so close to each other.

This is a great idea!! As many of you know, I have made the "back seat" offer for about the last two years and will make it again this year for sure. I think its a WONDERFUL way to meet people from the site and it gives those of you who are non boaters and the devout reservoir dogs a chance to get out on some of the bigger waters. I for one have met and made some terrifc new friends this way.

COUNT ME IN

·
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Leigh,
The pleasure was all mine ! Thanks again for the tix, we had a good time. I look forward to fishing together in '04 !

Ronnie

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
Ronnie Bassstalker was definitely a great addition to NyBass.com last year....he is a mensch who has impressed everyone he has met......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts