The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Monsters Inc.
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to my good friend Jordan, the fishing fire has been reignited.

Fished last weekend for the first time on Bog Brook.
My old boss just put a boat on there a few months ago and had been
having a tough time figuring it out.
With the help of a decent topo, we were able to quickly find some quality
fish....sharp edges in and around the 20 foot mark held the bait and the best fish

With a new job starting in Weschester tomorrow, that freed up some time for me today
Hit a now "local to me" lake in Orange County for some good old summertime fishing....
Fish were stacked on the edges.....suckers for a slow rolled spinnerbait, crawled along the bottom.....
Green fish can be so predictable.

I think I'm getting the hang of this again!

Thanks for reading, D~

·
Not so lost...
3,676 Posts
Nice report. Shoulda titled it "return of da 'bum" or "da 'bum strikes back". Welcome back again bud. Love tha reports and enjoyed chatting you up yesterday. Good stuff.

·
Monsters Inc.
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice work...i was on bogs 2 weeks ago and got a few little smallies, had a tough time finding em. The water level is down about 8-10 feet, zero normal shoreline left.
Yeah, water level looked way down...basically all I did was look for where the second and third breaks came close to deeper water.....fish were stacked in spots......all you had to do was trigger them

See this is why I like reading these reports, to pick up little tidbits like slow rolling spinnerbaits bumping on the bottom. Never would've guessed.
Summertime for me has always meant 2 baits......a mover and a shaker......for me a spinnerbait is more versatile than a crankbait, and I can slither it through the outside grass much better....you'd be surprised at how many times i had been catching them pitching outside when they just shut off on me.....slow rolling (and sometimes basically dragging lol) a spinnerbait in the same areas has worked way to many times for me to discount it.

A summertime mainstay in my book!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts