The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USA Today reported that Alex Rodriguez won't accept any deal from MLB and that his current position is that he would appeal any suspension.
I would guess that he & his lawyers feel they have some ground to fight MLB. Rumored charges against him are PED use(obvious), interefering with the MLB investigation & recruiting other players to be Steroid cheats. He is known to be a close friend with Melky Cabrera & of course Bartolo Colon was on the Yanks last year. Add in Jesus Montero, now with the Seatle team. Cervilli is also on a list of 20 names that MLB plans on handing down suspensions to. I would hope that he gets a lifetime ban, as I have made it clear over & over again, how much I despise this jerk.One way or the other, the Yanks will get some kind of salary break. If he is banned for life that should let them off the hook completely. If he claims he is too injured to play anymore, Insurance will pay most of his salary. I hope he gets ZIP from EVERYBODY. He deserves it.
Too bad they can`t take back money he "stole" with his illegal PED use.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't see a snowball's chance in hell of him getting a lifetime ban. As to his refusal to accept a deal, what else is he gonna say at this point? In the end, whatever else happens, I see him getting most of the money in the contract that the Yankees were stupid enough to give him.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that the Yankees were really stupid to give him that money, especially since no one else wanted to have anything to do with him. Don`t blame Cashman, he didn`t want him either. This is all on Hank & Hal. Two Jerks who did not care what kind of person they were dealing with. They just wanted to fill up seats. They are getting what they deserve.

Now he has a doctor(Gross) who says he`s fit to play even though he didn`t examine him. A-Roid wants to be activated, say he can`t play anymore & retire with a 100 Million more Yankee or Insurance money. He is delaying the Suspension process by not excepting any deal. If he were suspended for LIFE, no one would pay him anything. He has allready gotten too much from cheating, & doesn`t deserve anything else.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I agree that the Yankees were really stupid to give him that money, especially since no one else wanted to have anything to do with him. Don`t blame Cashman, he didn`t want him either. This is all on Hank & Hal. Two Jerks who did not care what kind of person they were dealing with. They just wanted to fill up seats. They are getting what they deserve.

Now he has a doctor(Gross) who says he`s fit to play even though he didn`t examine him. A-Roid wants to be activated, say he can`t play anymore & retire with a 100 Million more Yankee or Insurance money. He is delaying the Suspension process by not excepting any deal. If he were suspended for LIFE, no one would pay him anything. He has allready gotten too much from cheating, & doesn`t deserve anything else.

Glad to see someone else remembers it wasn't Cashman's fault this guy is still a Yankee.... amazing how quite the 'Brenner boys have been lately after Hank took the bait and let Boras perform his contract voodoo on him. Best part of this season has been Cashman telling A-Rod to "Shut the #$%^ Up!!"

J.

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
MLB has know for decades who is and who is , the Hispanic is going to take a fall when Bud did not have the balls to do it back when. It is a business you know .due to collective agreement 1st offense for Arod is a bunt .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.