The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited Monksville yesterday and today. Got on the water about 9:30am yesterday, and 11am with the wife today. Stayed til about 4pm both days. Weeds were thick out to about 10-12ft. Temps were in the high 70's. Water was clear down to about 5-6 ft.

With that much vegetation, I used a vertical presentation, especially in the afternoon. Fishing was slow for the most part both days. Yesterday I was about to leave around 2:30 or so with only 2 pickerel to speak of. I hit one last weedbed and they were biting. Got 2-3 bass and 2-3 pickerel in the last hour or so with a 2.5# LM being the biggest.

Today it was the same numbers wise, but they were scattered. 1 here, 1 there, that sort of deal. Got a nice 3# for my efforts. My wife lost a bigger one in the weeds. She set the hook hard and it jumped/shot straight up in the air, dove back into the weeds, and right under our boat. With her rod bent almost in half something had to give. Unfortunately the line snapped. It was a beauty. Oh well, maybe next time we'll get a picture of a big 'un.
Vacations are way too short!!

Tomorrow its back to work...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Its been a while since I have been on Monksville, but not that I have the kayak, I will be planning on going back. I used to do very well in the dead trees section for perch and LM....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts