Great story Craig. I think we all wonder how we lived so long, when we reflect back on some of the narrow escapes we've all probably had.
My own boy scout story. During a camping trip, we were told you could cook on a flat rock placed over a fire, if you didn't have a pan. Only no one told us to use a dry rock, not one pulled from the edge of a stream. We had our eggs just starting to sizzle, when the water in the rock turned to steam, and it exploded like a mini claymore. Eggs hanging off tree branches. Fortunatly, no one was injured. Never told mom about that one.
The same damn thing happened to me in Scouts,
it was at Alpine Scout Camp...
Another incident happened one overnight, some Scout threw a spent "D" cell battery into the camp fire and the damn thing exploded, Thank God no one was hurt the place was showered in flaming branches and embers.
Tight Lines and Happy Holidays...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.