The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got smallmouths???
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to share with you a great story, some of you may have read and some may have not. It is not a Christmas story but a story that may warm you on this cold, rainy Christmas eve.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Lord Of The Lackawaxen Creek

·
Administrator
21,693 Posts
great read Scott!!!! and maybe you and I will be the Lords of that Creek next season......

·
Smile, and enjoy life!!
2,160 Posts
scott -
i love that whole region.
i would love to move to the area, but my job will not let me. PJ is the farthest point NW i can go.

we ended a float trip right at zane gray house by the lackawaxen. the fishing really picked up just north of the area, and we questioned the guide about the big L. he said it produces some nice fish.

i will read the story later when the company gets boring. lol. i zapped it to my pocket PC.

·
Got smallmouths???
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John & Rob,

I like Zane Grey's writtings, he had a passion for freshwater fishing and not nessasarily for trout which I find to be interesting due to the era of casting reels and fly rods but Zane Grey had a fondness to the black bass, mainly the river dwelling smallmouth.

Tina for christmas bought me two out of print books about Zane Grey, The Undiscovered Zane Grey Fishing Stories and Zane Grey On Fishing, which Lords Of The Lackawaxen Creek is part of.

I also find it interesting about his background, from his boyhood growing up in Ohio, son of a dentist to his playing baseball for Penn State and the many local NY/NJ semi-pro baseball teams of that era, while being a dentist himself in Manhattan.

something else I found quite interesting Zane Grey on the downturn of his resplendent writting career challenged a young upstart writter named Ernest Hemingway to a fully paid around the world fishing contest, unfortunetly Hemingway declined otherwise with the alliance of the two writters there might have been some awesome stories of deep sea fishing adventure, not that there was not singularly between the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts