The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 Skeeter SS140

Boat is in used condition. The previous owners were careless and there are some chips and scratches under the hull and bow. I have kept this boat in the best condition I could and it also comes with a Skeeter cover. The boat has always been in my garage since I have owned it. It has a new water pump kit, new 500gph recirculation pumps, 2012 Motorguide pro tour 75lb thrust trolling motor, 797c2 SI unit mounted on the bow, however this might not be included, depending on the electronics on the new boat. The carbs were cleaned, new fuel lines put on and new spark plugs. Has a 23-k Stainless prop. The boat runs great, and strong. Everything works other then the speedo. The boat is 17'6" which would fall under the category of the new ZX18's. It also has a recessed trolling motor tray, and 2 rod buckles on the front deck, new trolling motor batterys and onboard charger.

$7800 with Side imaging

$7200 without.

I am a little flexible as I understand the boat is in used condition. Transom and decks/stringers are solid. I am in no hurry to sell this boat, and currently at the moment I am checking interest as it needs to stay around for atleast a few more weeks so I don't go crazy. The boat for the smaller size, is actually very stable and handles great in rough water.

·
Unicorn Chaser
871 Posts
Bump for my buddy Andrew, I've been on this boat several times including Champlain and it rides very smooth. Andrews also a big car guy and has taken very good care of the mechanics of the boat. best of luck buddy

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boxer, if you are serious, contact me in a few weeks. I will be ready to sell by the end of august. The boat is a great boat. I really cant say anything bad about it. I went through it completely and fixed everything the previous owners hacked. It still needs a few small odd's and ends to make it real nice but nothing big.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
We've read right along all your upgrades and work on this... Looks like a great boat... you will miss it...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I've fished on it with Andrew and its extremely stable with both of us setting hooks nor does it tip much either which surprised me for being a smaller boat! It gets up fast and really runs well to . Perfect boat for smaller lakes and Andrew has fixed about everything that possible could be fixed as well!

Mark

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Mark.

here are some pic's of it from this year. I went through the boat during the winter and the pictures I posted above were from last year. The motor cover was also faded with the stickers cracked and torn. I repainted it and put new Yamaha decals on it as well.

Those 2 deck extensions/storage compartments are completely drop in and pull out removable but are a very tight fit (you actually stand on them to snug them down) to the point they will not MOVE during any conditions.

·
TEAM SPRAY NINE
43 Posts
Nice boat. Looks as if you took very good care of it. Where are you located in the state? I have a 16' Skeeter, was not really looking for something else, but have some interest because of the work that you had put into the boat. I saw some of your before photos on Photobucket, you did a nice job restoring it. Looks new.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes its a great little boat. I can't say enough about it. As far as upgrades left, it could use upgraded seats and a upgraded fish finder at the console. Under the boat has some scrapes and fiberglass chips from the previous owners. Its all only cosmetic. The boat does 48-50mph GPS with me alone and a light chop. With another person and full gear it runs steady at 45-46mph. You could get a few more mph messing around with prop's and such but I havent bothered.

·
TEAM SPRAY NINE
43 Posts
Thanks for the locale. Let us know when you are done with the season. I know you mentioned the end of August. If you still have it I will weigh my options. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
change of plans. Side imaging is going/staying on the boat.

I just ordered a pair of brand new seats and a brand new keel guard. The boat will be ready to leave the driveway at the end of August. I also can water test the boat with any serious buyers. I also just put brand new plugs in the boat and finally have the carbs dialed in perfect. The previous owner had the carbs all out of whack and I cleaned/rebuilt them over the winter. Earlier this season I spent some time on the water tweaking the carbs, as I could not find the factory settings. Well, I have it dialed in now. Boat cranks right up in 3 seconds. No choke is even needed. Its also got a brand new deep cycle trolling motor battery (the others are still going strong, I replaced the weak one)

I will keep the boat up forsale here for a few weeks before I put it on craigslist. I would really like this boat to end up in another NYbasser's driveway. I really wouldnt be getting rid of it, if this other boat didn't fall in my lap.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts