The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally something worth reporting....
I was practicing for the divisional on Lake Sebago Maine and stumbled on a beauty. It was the first largemouth I caught in the state of Maine.
I was pitching a texas rigged poor boy soft plastic (not sure of the name, its really a jig trailer I suppose) in some lay downs and thump there she was. After a quick tussle I had her in the boat. I threw her in the live well realizing I needed a photo and a weight. So I motored over to the first boat I saw and asked if they could take a quick photo. After they saw the fish they quickly obliged snapping 2 quick photos. I put her on the scale and it settled out at 9lbs 2oz. I released her in the same tree she came from and basically started texting everyone I knew. I truly enjoyed my visit there. There are some true giants up in those parts. I would love to return to that general area.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Nice! Maine is an awesome place to fish. No 9s yet but I have caught several 8 pound girls up there. Planning a week at the end of June next year and 2 weeks in August.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.