The New York Bass Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m waiting on Jack Stewart to send me the picture. Tony will do anything to catch the biggest fish of every species, year after year in Jack Stewarts big fish contest. According to Jack, Tony went 15 straight days starting at 3:30 am each morning until he got his prize. Tony keeps the fish in a water filled 48 quart Igloo Cooler, weighs it in & then releases it back where he caught it after weigh in. The Big girl was caught on a JIG & WORM, August 25th at Croton Reservoir.
I think I lost it last week fishing with Jim. I know where it lives.:laugh:

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
I lost a big one wenesday it twisted the hook off my crankbait. don't feel bad ronny at least a real fisherman caught it.

·
Life is good !
3,757 Posts
Congrats to. Me Monteiro for catching the big one , I will have to say " everyone "go to Croton Res that's where the bigger fish are , The proof his here ...don't waste your time on the other reservoirs .

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great! The lurkers/report chasers will be flocking to Croton shortly!!!
Yeah, & all they have to do is comb thru 2300 acres of water with about 50 miles of shoreline.:laugh::laugh:
Tony had the advantage of knowing EXACTLY where to fish & spent 15 straight days going out at 3:30 am in the morning until the fish was where he wanted it to be & biting.
You guys(lurkers & wannebe`s) have a better chance of winning powerball.:laugh: Naming a Reservoir as good has always been true of ALL our Reservoirs. Catching a big fish is not easy, & all the stars have to be in alignment to catch an 8 lber.
Tony has caught 8 lbers in Amawalk, Bogs Brook, Boyds Corners, Middle Branch,East Branch, Diverting, Muscoot,Titicus, Croton Falls(many), West Branch, Gilead, Gleneida, & Kensico as well as Croton. So what does that all mean? You have to be Tony.:laugh:
As to me, I have Thirteen 8+ lbers to my name. None since 1992. Guess I m getting old.:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Yeah, & all they have to do is comb thru 2300 acres of water with about 50 miles of shoreline.:laugh::laugh:
Tony had the advantage of knowing EXACTLY where to fish & spent 15 straight days going out at 3:30 am in the morning until the fish was where he wanted it to be & biting.
You guys(lurkers & wannebe`s) have a better chance of winning powerball.:laugh: Naming a Reservoir as good has always been true of ALL our Reservoirs. Catching a big fish is not easy, & all the stars have to be in alignment to catch an 8 lber.
Tony has caught 8 lbers in Amawalk, Bogs Brook, Boyds Corners, Middle Branch,East Branch, Diverting, Muscoot,Titicus, Croton Falls(many), West Branch, Gilead, Gleneida, & Kensico as well as Croton. So what does that all mean? You have to be Tony.:laugh:
As to me, I have Thirteen 8+ lbers to my name. None since 1992. Guess I m getting old.:laugh::laugh:

have any 10lbers to your name?? ;)

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts

that's cause your boobs scare them away !!! seriously though, I agree with everything you said.

·
Administrator
11,533 Posts
Your 100% right Marty their all good lakes, every one of them can give you the fish of a life time. Between all of them must be better then 10K acres to cove in a row boat.........better get started.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
have any 10lbers to your name?? ;)
Yes! One 10 lber around 1980. But it was out of season. Also have one 9 lber.(also out of season.)

Your 100% right Marty their all good lakes, every one of them can give you the fish of a life time. Between all of them must be better then 10K acres to cove in a row boat.........better get started.
I have & did since 1968 on the Reservoirs. !950-60`s on Kirk Lake & Lake Mahopac. Never was & still taint easy.

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so we are tied ;)..but mine were in season!
No, we are not tied. I don`t fish in a hatchery with a BassBoat. :laugh: Come down to the NYC reservoirs, ROW a boat, & first catch a 5 lber. People(not you Andrew) have always said how easy the Reservoirs are. Yet they never fish them. See how easy it is when you have to row in the wind, & fish at the same time.
The 1000 Islands are easy & I`ll be the first to admit it. Throw something in the water & you have a BIG SMALLMOUTH. I really don`t know anything about Round Lake except you can use a BassBoat with an electric motor. BassBoats are fishing machines. Rowboats are workouts. Advantage BassBoat!!:laugh:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.