The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out at 730 on a local lake in Orange County NY. Rented a boat for the morning with a friend of mine and managed some good action all throughout the afternoon. Caught around ten decent sized fish with a ton of shorts. Most of our fish came on weighted plastics and 1/4oz pumpkin colored jigs. The grass has been thinning out and dieing so we tried to focus on the green vegetation and avoided spots with the dead brown stuff. First fish of the day was the biggest weighing in at 5lb even. Set the bar pretty high for the day and really couldn't find any other big fish. I could have swore the fish was bigger until we weighed it but still a nice feeling to get another 5 for the year. Had been having a tough time getting any fish in the 5lb class lately. The weather has been beautiful lately, hopefully the fishing picks back up around here. Thanks for reading hope the pic works.
Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Goggles

·
Registered
567 Posts
nice catch, but if you dont want people to know where your fishing dont include the rental boat in the pics, the inside color is a dead give away.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice catch, but if you dont want people to know where your fishing dont include the rental boat in the pics, the inside color is a dead give away.
Yea I hear ya. I hope the people that recognize it can only do so because they also fish there. Not trying to expose anyone's lake on them. That would never be my intention. On the other hand alot of people fish there and it still fishes great. I just try not include names for search engine purposes.

·
angler
2,275 Posts
Knowing the lake in your case is no big deal considering the high cost of renting and getting on the lake if you're a non-resident. It's one of the few places that produces nice fish consistently as well as some of the biggest crappie I've ever caught! Because of the stricter limit rule and the fact that most people who fish it have no clue, the lake should continue to be a bass factory for years to come. (How they enforce the smaller limit is beyond me).

Nice going! That's the kind of summer day most wish they had.

·
Many Experts, No Pros!
2,069 Posts
Yea I hear ya. I hope the people that recognize it can only do so because they also fish there. Not trying to expose anyone's lake on them. That would never be my intention. On the other hand alot of people fish there and it still fishes great. I just try not include names for search engine purposes.
Don't sweat it, I know locals that swear that lake sucks big time. Even after taking those friends out there to show them how amazing that lake is they still can't catch fish to save their lives and still hate the lake. I can give out GPS coordinates and if they don't know how to fish, they're not catching much.

·
Many Experts, No Pros!
2,069 Posts
(How they enforce the smaller limit is beyond me).
They have random license checks. The one time I was checked at that lake I was with a few people from this forum and the cop came right up to us and ask for license & to open our bags to see what we had. I just hope it's random enough to deter poachers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't sweat it, I know locals that swear that lake sucks big time. Even after taking those friends out there to show them how amazing that lake is they still can't catch fish to save their lives and still hate the lake. I can give out GPS coordinates and if they don't know how to fish, they're not catching much.
Lol I hear the same thing all the time. I started fishing there about halfway through this season and dedicated some time out there and its starting to pay off. Persistence always pays off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.