The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Unicorn Chaser
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out 7/7/13 with my Buddy Dan for some night fun in the moon light shadows… well wasn’t much night time ninja action.. we launched 9pm, water was 85, normally it is 76-78; thanks heat wave. We caught good numbers only around wood cover but nothing picture worthy, although I did have two monster blow ups on the frog under pitch black trees but they completely missed it.
About 5am the fish started cruising and I connected with my first good fish of the trip on a black popper on the 3rd pop BOOM, CRUSHED IT.

I was alone at this point but near the launch and had to wake Dan up because beer + night fishing = you fall asleep on the boat, snore, and mid snore ask me in your sleep “do you do shrugs for your traps?” lol.. Dan is done with his 3-5 am nap and its go time.
We start flipping and Dan gets his first good fish of the trip.

A cast later flipping

At this point the fish are telling me their starting to feed now because water temps are at the lowest in the morning @ 83. I tell Dan lets go deep and try to get a big bite. I also at this point downsize my weight because my last few fish came on the drop I believe because hot water = low oxygen in result fish suspend. Well pays off because soon as I do that wham
5.13 on the drop.

This fish had one of the biggest mouths and shoulders I ever seen, I could not believe how light she was… just had no weight to her, still happy to have gotten a solid fish after weeks of not being able to connect with a fish bigger then 3lbs.
We continue flipping for the next hour until 9am and Dan the man lands his pb for the year *( only because he hasn’t been fishing much*)

Had an awesome time, we had approx. 25 fish, glad to see fish moving into the summer pattern and showing up where they should be, hopefully I can get a 6 or better soon, all I can do is keep dreamin and never stop chasing them.

·
Unicorn Chaser
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Night fish don`t count.:laugh: Morning fish get 1/2 credit because you were practicing all night.:laugh:
Lmao! So true! I wish I got a better picture but I wanted to release it quick and keep casting for more. Justin your right, maybe hot pink isn't a good night time color..

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Great job guys. A little warning though, careful with the drinking on the boat. In NY it only takes one beer on a boat before you get a ticket. As far as I know BAC doesn't work in a boat.

·
Unicorn Chaser
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great job guys. A little warning though, careful with the drinking on the boat. In NY it only takes one beer on a boat before you get a ticket. As far as I know BAC doesn't work in a boat.
Very true, he drank prior to boarding my vessel. Someone get Andrew a cookie please for his ultimate awesomeness

1 - 20 of 26 Posts