The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Weights&Measures
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out yesterday with Nicky and we had an "ok" day. The fish were not really biting as most of our favorite areas failed to produce. We only boated 5 fish but lost several. Nicky lost a really good fish in the first few minutes of the day as it came unbuttoned boat side on a crank I knew right there it was going to be rough. We tried all kinds of things but most fish were on the outside weed edge on jigs. The worst part of the day was when I lost a true jumbo nick and I guesstimate at 6+ pounds that shook off my crank just inches from the net as it lunged a good 2 feet in the air..... I cried for about 4 hours hahha. Here's the best from Monday
5 pounds 4 ounces​

Today I got out with Carl. The plan was to cover a LARGE amount of water but due to increased fishing pressure I has to leave out a good amount of water. I still managed 12.4 miles but it probably would have been around 15. The fishing today was beyond good. The majority came on cranks but a good amount on jigs as well. Carl and I swung 24 bass into the boat today with too many coming off for me to talk about including a serious jumbo. I don't really fish "smallie" waters so when I tied into a pretty good one today I snapped a few pics this thing went bananas when I hooked him and it was a miracle it made it to the boat.
3 pounds 9 ounces​
4 pounds 3 ounces​
5 pounds​

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
you gotta learn to smile!!!all those pigs should make it easy.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Nice report

So what cranks were you using size & color & how deep ... and what weight jigs & dressed with what ?

Toss us a bone brother... not tasking for GPS coordinates but just what worked on that given day... slow or fast retrieve.... stop & go.... or steady?

Enquiring minds want to know... well at least I'm interested to hear what you did and why

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Very impressive outing again......you are def. dialed in ......Catching big fish is alot of fun....So why do you never smile?.....I'd be ear to ear w/ all the slobs you catch.....nice job once again......you have a honey hole for sure......

·
Weights&Measures
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smile will come with a 10+. Jigs are custom made 1 ounce giant living rubber with a huge secret poured trailer. Crankbait is steady retrieve. The hits are coming when I make contact with the bottom. No special crank I've been rotating between dd22, megabass deep 6, and lucky craft

1 - 13 of 13 Posts