The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Staying in VA this week and when my daughter went down for a nap I asked my 3 yr old son if he wanted to take a nap or go fishing with me. Of course he wanted to go fishing. I went to a bridge about a mile down the road. It always produces for me. Hit an easy spot where my son could wade with me and got a few bites and a decent smallie on a spinner bait but that was it. There are a few nice holes about 100 yards up river but it gets up to my waist and the only way to get there is wade. So I grabbed 2 rods and a few smallie baits in one arm and my 3 yr old in the other and off we went. First hole produced 1 decent smallie so I moved to a deep hole below some rapids with a lay down. It was the right move. Every other cast produced a fish. I threw tubes, a war eagle 3/16 in white and a small jig with a paca chunk. 36 smallies and 3 large mouth. Most of the smallies were around 10 but 3 were nice and 2 of the large mouth were in the 16 inch range. Guess where I'll be tomorrow : )

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went with the kid again today. He ended up face planting in the river and thought it was fun. Fished another section. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday deep and today was just a little cooler. They were on the other side of the river and super shallow. Got about 15 smallies and some bigger ones. The only thing they would touch were 5 inch senkos and a little tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts