The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out with Joe(Release) searching for smallmouth bass , water temps were 44-47 and the wind was causing all kinds of problems ranging from boat control issues to a bitter wind chill making it quite uncomfortable to be on the water at times , after 6pm the wind finally let up and the last hour or so was fairly pleasant. We spent the day looking for brown bass, we winded up getting some brown trout and lakers. Blades , soft plastics and stick baits were the ticket today. I included a pic of the largest brown trout of the day, these trout must of been in a particular foul mood today because all of them were super difficult to deal with during and after the hook was removed, bass are much better behaved in the boat.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Nice job John - weather was not pleasant - the fact you held out all day is impressive.....and I know what you mean about angry trout - I try my best to unhook them without bringing in the boat if possible as they somehow spin like a top and go nuts flapping and then die!!! That is one beautiful fish though!!!

J

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got out with Joe(Release) searching for smallmouth bass , water temps were 44-47 and the wind was causing all kinds of problems ranging from boat control issues to a bitter wind chill making it quite uncomfortable to be on the water at times , after 6pm the wind finally let up and the last hour or so was fairly pleasant. We spent the day looking for brown bass, we winded up getting some brown trout and lakers. Blades , soft plastics and stick baits were the ticket today. I included a pic of the largest brown trout of the day, these trout must of been in a particular foul mood today because all of them were super difficult to deal with during and after the hook was removed, bass are much better behaved in the boat.

great trip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts