The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ordinary Angler
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey great John G... I've been waiting for someone to give me an unbiased head to head comparison between those Loomis rods and the Fenwick Techna AVs I'm so fond of. What do you think? While you're at it, how do my Technas compare to St. Croix Avids?

Bass Stalker... to who can we attribute those "facts" about the Loomis company to? I certainly hope they weren't just "internet hearsay".

·
Administrator
21,717 Posts
Steve: I have fished Avids, still have one, they are excellent rods! not as expensive as IMX loomis, but comparable in quality.....

sorry, the Fenwick is one that I have never used, never seen one on my boat by anyone.....besides the many I have experimented with over the years, fishing with a zillion people gives me a chance to try their gear also...however, to date, no one on my boat has produced that rod, so I must draw a "blank".....lol......

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have had St Croix LE's, Avids and G Loomis IMX's but my 7'M Techna AV baitcaster is the ONLY factory-built rod I would NEVER part with. I think it is a very sensitive yet durable rod that balances out extremely well with my TD-X. I love this rod for everything from pitching lighter jigs, to throwing weightless lizards and senkos, to dragging tubes or dropshotting. IMHO it is just a GREAT all-round rod.
My 0.02, ScottB

·
Ordinary Angler
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fenwick Techna AVs... the best fishing rods that no one has every heard of!!! I don't understand why so few serious fishermen have seen these rods. I guess there are a couple marketing execs that need a serious job review.

·
Super Moderator
8,142 Posts
Steve_IA said:
Bass Stalker... to who can we attribute those "facts" about the Loomis company to? I certainly hope they weren't just "internet hearsay".
Steve, I assure you the only "internet hearsay" in my comments was the fact that Shimano may be thinking of selling their interest in Loomis.
The rest of it is all true based on feedback from rod builders across the country and information from sources directly associated with Loomis.

Ronnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.