The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 NJ Get-together

Back by popular demand! Let's get this thing rolling again! I've been very busy so I haven't been on the site much, but myself and others that have asked really want to keep this thing going. We always have a great time, good laughs and eat well! I'll take care of the BBQ and all supplies. All I ask is guys chip in about $5 each. If that ends up being too much I will ask for less the day of. I just want to cover the cost of stuff, not make money! Wawayanda is small electric only lake and perfect for kayak for those who kayak fish. As always it is the Friday before FFTC, So here's the details.

Date: Friday, May 9, 2013
Meeting Time: 7am
Meeting Place: Wawayanda Boat Launch
BBQ:$3-$5 person

Satelitte Map View of Park Entrance click pic to enlarge

Satelitte Map View of Boat Launch
click pic to enlarge

These are the rules. All Boaters please be aware of rule number 3. We're all adults, I won't be checking. But you may be ticketed if law enforcement decides to be there and check. Have the card or boat at your own risk.

Rules are simple:
1)... You MUST have a valid NJ fishing license. If anyone needs one you can get it online here:
https://www.nj.wildlifelicense.com/ALS/licCtrl.php?start=1
2)... You MUST be 18 years of age, or fishing in your parent's boat.
3)... Power boat operators must hold a boaters safety certificate from your resident state (trolling motors included, Wawayanda is electric only BTW)
4)... You must want to have fun and a good time.
5)... Take lots of pictures!!!

Guys as always, please respect your boater and the boat your a guest on and assist your boater any way you can. Thanks![/QUOTE]

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jay, how do triggerfish taste? do they put up a good fight? what did you catch it on?
Great fight! I love trigger, very firm flesh. Mild sweet flavor. The skin is like leather though, very tough! Use #2 hooks with fingernail sized clam pieces.

· Registered
2021 GMC Sierra
1,843 Posts
Let me check my schedule here at school and see about taking the day off.....but I don't see it being a problem. Put me down tentively as a boater.....but I'm pretty sure I'll be there.....it's always a good time......

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha you got it Bernie!

Here's the list so far (let me know if there are any mistakes or omissions)

BOATERS
Jay415
Fred H
onedaygreat
MarkNJBass
BernieW

NON-BOATERS
jaysen
bucktailnick
Rockland Basser
shoog

FILLED BOATS
Beer Geek w/ kayak
jaydbee w/ wife

· Registered
2,772 Posts
Anyone who would like to try kayak fishing I do have an extra boat or maybe 2 extras by the time of the meetup. I have paddles and other gear too. You would have to be able to transport it or meet me to help load a second.As long as you have a truck ot a car with load bars that will work

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Attendance List as of 03/05/14
(let me know if there are any mistakes or omissions)

BOATERS (5)
Jay415
Fred H
onedaygreat
MarkNJBass
BernieW

NON-BOATERS (5)
jaysen
bucktailnick
Rockland Basser
shoog
nycgrip

FILLED BOATS
Beer Geek w/ kayak
jaydbee w/ wife

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.