The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Immaculate Iclass 20. Garage kept, only 129 hours on Yamaha VMAX Series 2 - 250 HP Outboard. In addition to the standard items listed; Minnkota 101 Trolling Motor, 2 Lowrance Color Fish Finders with GPS, 1 Year Old Minnkota Digital 4 Bank on board charging system. 4 New Interstate Batteries.

Boat has been maintained by Ryan at Bonita Boats. New water pump installed this spring.

Located in NJ - serious inquiries only please.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,703 Posts
nice looking rig, but a few suggestions here: the 101 Minn Kota, I assume, is a 36 volt? But is it an older model without spot lock? and , one other thing, man, this is a BASS fishing site: "two Lowrance "color" sonars"?? C'mon, man, that is not going to impress a serious buyer: you must name the ACTUAL units......because the same person that would plunk out 30 grand for a used boat, is the same guy that will most likely want both is TM and electronics to be up to current Tech Specs, which means, he would then have to pour an additional 10 grand at least into the boat.....

·
Crass Angler
9,937 Posts
Jeez, when is the last time you looked at boats, used or new John? Used electronics don't add or subtract jack from a used boat, unless it's less than a few years old. NADA on this boat is $29-34k, and worth every penny of the asking price if it is indeed as turnkey as it looks. There would be zero return on adding brand new tech, and not having it doesn't detract from the deal either. Good luck with selling. It won't be around for long. People are psycho for boats right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeez, when is the last time you looked at boats, used or new John? Used electronics don't add or subtract jack from a used boat, unless it's less than a few years old. NADA on this boat is $29-34k, and worth every penny of the asking price if it is indeed as turnkey as it looks. There would be zero return on adding brand new tech, and not having it doesn't detract from the deal either. Good luck with selling. It won't be around for long. People are psycho for boats right now.
Thanks for your input. You have restored my faith in this forum. While John has shared some good advice as the say in the medical field, his beside manner ain't so good...
Immaculate Iclass 20. Garage kept, only 129 hours on Yamaha VMAX Series 2 - 250 HP Outboard. In addition to the standard items listed; Minnkota 101 Trolling Motor, 2 Lowrance Color Fish Finders with GPS, 1 Year Old Minnkota Digital 4 Bank on board charging system. 4 New Interstate Batteries.

Boat has been maintained by Ryan at Bonita Boats. New water pump installed this spring.

Located in NJ - serious inquiries only please.
Since John has schooled me on how to sell a boat I will provide the additional information that he has suggested. The additional photos will clarify my TM and electronics. But first I have a rebuttal. I was and will remain a "bass fisherman." I fished tournaments throughout the NE for nearly 20 years (Club, NY Fed, NJ Fed, opens, Stren and others). About 5 years ago I pulled away from this part of my life and to be honest I thought I would never sell. I thought I would miss and get back into it. Now I have developed back and hip problems and there is no way I can fish multiple days in a row at that level. During this period the boat has been used about 10 times a year exclusively on electric only waters, which is why my engine hours are ridiculously low. As previously stated, it has been maintained professionally and I even had a new water pump installed this spring. I had it on on Hopatcong a week ago and it runs perfectly. Yes my trolling motor and electronics are dated but they never prevented me from winning tournaments. As for the TM, I never saw a 101 that was less than 36V and I figured the 4 new battery comment would make it obvious that it is 36V.

C'mon John give a guy a break. I never sold a boat before, I just used to trade them in for the newer models. I wouldn't be surprised if this post gets me thrown off the forum. If that's so, I might be able to find another venue on the internet where I can post. I chose this one because I was a member for over a decade (couldn't remember my login and the email address that I used back then and that email account is no longer active so I created a new one.

Good luck to all my bass fishing friends as the summer tournament season is here. As I write this post I'm literally sitting on the deck of my boat (in the garage) feeling a bit of remorse. Who knows maybe I will keep it. At any rate, if anyone is interested hit me up. Frank

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,703 Posts
the more information you give when trying to sell something, the better your chances....for a lot of people, the type of TM, and electronics, could be a make or break for buying it, and then there are some people , who, for their purposes, don't really care....fine....but to be on the safe side, always better to give more details in any sale. I wasn't trying to mess up your sale, I was trying to get you to make it more attractive to the right buyer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the more information you give when trying to sell something, the better your chances....for a lot of people, the type of TM, and electronics, could be a make or break for buying it, and then there are some people , who, for their purposes, don't really care....fine....but to be on the safe side, always better to give more details in any sale. I wasn't trying to mess up your sale, I was trying to get you to make it more attractive to the right buyer.
Thanks for clarifying John. I do appreciate your feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts