The New York Bass Forums banner

2004 new tackle lineup

4K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  joe p 
#1 ·
Anyone impressed by the new lures illustrated in this month's Bassmasters mag.? The better mousetrap isn't looking that much better. Who is going to be first to buy the new tube worm that has no skirt or Gene Larew's t-tail worm? BPS should come out with their new catalogs before Xmas so wish lists are granted by wives-without-a-clue. :D

#3 ·
Slinko, now thats a dildo!

I got a couple of bags of those things from the rockland show and tried it early in the season. I took 2 fish , a dink and a 2lber.

It's got potential. Hoping to try it more next year.

As far as new lures and baits coming out next year, Im going to pass unless there really is a good one that produces.

My plan for next year is to use the same baits, fine tune. Maybe even throw bigger baits more. ....

Joe

#15 ·
I said this in a reply to Bullfrog in a post he put up about those motion lures that have a tail wiggle when you tug on your line.

A lot of lures are designed to catch fisherman, not fish. Maybe 1 out every dozen new items that comes out on the market actually has some fish catching potential.

#19 ·
I'm already on the Nories Bug by Kinami....I love creature baits and that one is WHACK !!!...

I will also be trying the Glass Perch pattern in the Shad Rap...That same pattern worked well for me in the spring on the HJ 10 and 12 this year...It was a new 2003 pattern by Rapala...I really wish they would put it on the Jointed Shad Raps or at the very least the RS series...

Mark D

#20 ·
I'm already on the Nories Bug by Kinami....I love creature baits and that one is WHACK !!!...

I take this to mean that you like it.

Mark, I must correct you usage of Whack. Being one who is a ghetto-ologist, the word whack can best be defined as shitty, sucky. Usage: referring to some skunk weed they bought, thinking it was Hydro, individual A and B have the following conversation.

A-Yo Dog, save some of that clip for me.
B-Holmes, you can have it, that shit is whack.

#22 ·
WHACK !!! LOL

lol

EW,

I did mean that in a good way...I don't often speak in "ebonics" and must have lost something in the translation...I must have made a mistake you MOFO !!! (lol)...Next time I'll try "pig latin"...

BTW, How's your hand?...I managed to get back in the ring to take a few more swings with my splint on...No baitcasting though, I cant handle the thumb-bar yet...Sunday will shut down my boating season...Then I'll start my clean-up and prep for next season...

The One Armed Bandit

Mark D

#23 ·
basserachi....
Please do share how you are rigging the new Kinami Nories Bug, and any particular colors have 'shined' for you. I have seen them in articles and stores, but have not purchased any yet anyway...

Earthy...
Your clarification of the term's definition and scenario offered
busted me up. Ghetto-ologist...LOL

I too made a 'to self vow' to try to utilize what I already have in my vast inventory instead of sprinting off to get new/untried stuff tackle.....of course though, I have been making that same "vow" thing every year, for the past few, to myself...LOL:D
I need help !!! LOL:D

#24 ·
Basseracci...
Please share with us how you are rigging and utilizing the Nories Bug...

Earthy...I think you been 'wacked' on your head too...your clarification as well as the offered 'wacky tabacky' scenario had me bustin[not a cap, but rather my gut].

Me, I too have to fish more of what I got already, as I KNOW they all work, and I must try not to keep grasping for that "magic new bait'. , HypotheticallyI could probably retire right now and fish for the rest of my life and have enough baits till my passing without ever running out...LOL:D

#25 ·
Where is the Norie Bug sold and I thought it was a real new bait. In regards to "whack" when I worked for K-mart some of my co-workers were of African heritage and from time to time would take me to the 'Hood for parties and more than one used "whack and "Shit" in the same sentence ie "That shit is Whack" which means "That shit is shit" correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.