The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My first time posting here. Been a lurker for a long time and I figured it would be a bright idea to join the community and take part. To kick that off, I wanted to see if anyone had any recent reports for the 1000 Islands, Wellesley Island area. I own a place on the River and am up most every weekend throughout the summer and close out the year with a guys trip at the end of September (2 weeks from today!). Last year was a relative bust…easily 30 or so Northerns but very few bass. The previous 3 years it's been a smallie heaven…landing all of my 7+ pound smallies during that time.

I'm going with lipless cranks, drop shot rigs with BPS round quiver worms, blue/white spinner baits and a whole bunch of typical tackle. Two years ago it was watermelon pumpkin seed tubes and Havok shad minnows that were inhaled by the smalliesm, drifting channel-side islands between TI Park and Alex Bay.. Last year, I couldn't deliver - tons of pike but I'm on the bass hunt. This year I have a few extra friends along for the trip and am doing best I can to show them a good sporting time.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on what's been hot, depths you've been fishing or any other information you are willing to share? On the good years I fished in very low water (to the datum, at least) in faster water on the channel in 30-50' (boat depth) and drifted or cast to shore. Last year that didn't produce anything. Hoping this year it'll be better but the water depth will invariably be higher. I don't have a fish finder so I'm relegated to just depth and general areas.

Much appreciated and thanks for responding, or welcoming me to the group!

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
sorry brother I don't fish the 1000 islands, I'm surprised that no one on this board has any info. Check with the local tackle shops, they normaly will help you out.............good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply at least!

Either way, I'll make sure to roll back in here with any successful tactics or other info after the weekend. I usually hit up the TI Baut Store on the weekends and they sometimes have some useful info - most of the time it's just a repeat of the last 10 visits.

Just picked up a few packages of Jack's worm 4.5" and Lil Magic in natural - those have done great on drop shot the past month. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.