The New York Bass Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get to 1000 islands for the first time this spring/summer and was told that there are "specific items" needed in the boat that I normally wouldn't carry. like a signal flag (size and color specific). Does anyone know where I can get the right list of requirements? My boat is a 20' footer. Thanks, Rob.

·
Administrator
21,674 Posts
we have several posters who fish that water, hopefully, one of them will see your request and get on here with some answers....I have never been there, but I do know one thing: depending on where you will be fishing, you might have to add a Canadian license.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have several posters who fish that water, hopefully, one of them will see your request and get on here with some answers....I have never been there, but I do know one thing: depending on where you will be fishing, you might have to add a Canadian license.....
I'm aware of the license, it's the boat requirements. I know about life jackets etc but I'm told the boat need certain equipment as well. thank you for the response.

·
Bass Angler
1,345 Posts
I was stopped in the NY Narrows on the St Lawrence River by the Coast Guard a couple of years ago. They checked for the usual items, PDF's, Anchor and line, horn or whistle, fire extinguisher, etc. I had flares but they said they weren't required. Nothing was said about signal flags. Check their website.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Does the coast guard even still use semaphore flags or teach how to read them?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts