The New York Bass Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Let the fish be with you
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been away for nearly two weeks & sad to be home. The trip & fishing is ALWAYS GOOD when you have good weather, & we had very nice weather. Drove up Friday the 23rd & had beautiful calm, cool sunshine Saturday & Sunday. Everything was biting, & I was a happy guy. Monday 8/26 was the only rainy, nasty day. Great day for me to play hero & took Nanook gift shopping.
Marks wife Lucy & Alans wife Betty took my wife to Kingston on Tuesday, so I was free to fish all day with Mark. We caught about 25 Largemouth with a bunch of 4-4 1/2 lb fish. ALL ON JIGS!!:clap: Then the fishing got better. You just have to love this place. As good as I thought I was doing. Dick Garlock & Bob Marceau went down to Henderson Harbor to check out Brandon Paluniaks hole. Dick said they only caught 12 Smallmouth, but 5 were over 5 lbs with Bob having a 6 1/4. Real hard to cry for them on their "poor" day. Dick also won two tournaments on the weekends having about 21 lbs each tournament. I had 23 lbs on one of those days but the guys wouldn`t give me any money. Something about having to enter. Sore losers.:laugh:
Wednesday thru Friday provided more of the same, but I was crying/happy that I lost a GIANT, GIANT Smallmouth. My Big Swimbaits were doing very well on Pike over the weeds, but an errant cast into deeper water had a Ggundo Smallmouth crush it. I thought I had a big drum until it jumped near the boat, & slung the Jigged Swimbait back at my head. It actually made this 6lb 2 oz Smallmouth look small.

Wednesday night we ate these guys as I fileted a small Pike & nice Walleye that fell to my 1 oz. Jig & worm.

Everybody loved this fish fry. As far as I`m concerned, the two best tasting fresh water fishes.

Here are some more pix of some of the nicer Largemouth caught.

Heres sourpuss Mark who refused to show off one of his 5 lbers.:laugh:

Just a fun week that sadly had to end. Thanx for reading. Marty

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
NICE BRONZE......Best fish of the bunch....that is a MONSTER in any waters.....Great trip....you're a lucky man Marty!!!......I wish I could travel like you....Thumbs up!!!

·
Size Matters
3,347 Posts
Good weather..Good Fishing..Good food...Good friends.. Good Smallmouth..:whistling

Sounds like it was all good.

JIM

·
bass addict
7,298 Posts
that smallie is huge !!! minus points for 10 years for that one !!!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Marty

As much smack as you talk about smallies it's great to see that was the first photo in your trip report. Welcome to the dark side my brother... I Iike big bass and I cannot lie. Awesome catch

·
Registered
590 Posts
Excellent Trip and Report, the 1000 Islands is a great place to fish and you made the most out of it... congrats on that monster Smallie ....and the bonus Walleye:thumb:

·
Catching is better...
4,643 Posts
Great trip and report Marty... would have like to seen a "big smallie"... I think it would be pretty ironic f you caught the state record... LOL

Too bad you didn't have a Rapsody Rod in your hands... that 6-2 smallied could have been a $250 cash bonus if it held up as the biggest smallie on the big bass board, plus a free Maestro Series rod.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.