The New York Bass Forums banner

Lew's Custom Lite

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Joe C 
#1 ·
Puchased a Lews Custom Lite with gift certificates from Christmas this year. This thing is redicously light at 4.9 oz. Mounted on a Johnny Morris 6-6 medium fast rod the entire setup is unbelievably light. No fatigue from using this setup. I've been casting 1/6 oz man Ned rig craw with it really far with no backlash. It's amazing. It feels really smooth also. I am very happy with it.I bought it in lefty because I'm using lefty reels now for worms and jigs. Reel holds 90 yards of 12 lb mono on a 30 mm spool.I would Definately recommend this reel to others looking for a good finesse baitcast reel. The amazing part is it worked great pitching jigs also. With a 20lb drag it's set for either.

#3 ·
That's for the review - I had been buying up used Diawa Pixy's to handle small baits the last few years - but seems like alot of the newer reels are designed to better handle that stuff as well than in the past... looks like a nice reel - let us know how it goes come springtime!

J.

#6 ·
AAAhhh.... Ned = Spinning - don't kid yourself - you'd laugh at how whimpy of a casting setup I use - next you'll tell me I can't fish weeds with 30lb braid... I don't subscribe to those rules!!! LOL!! (But I will admit I do carry one spinning rod even though I'd rather not!! LOL!)

I have 2 of the Lew reels BB1's for cranks.... I like them as well... I like seeing the competition in the market - makes products better and (hopefully) cheaper for everyone.

J.

#7 ·
If you like the Lew's stuff, then there are at least a half dozen brands labelling these newer Doyo reels that would suit. I'm not into them that much, but what I've seen coming from China, even the el cheapo Banax stuff is getting better.

Nice review, with some real world results in it. Thanks!

#9 ·
I was thinking of getting one for flipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.