The New York Bass Forums banner

quantum Energy PTi-A

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  5bass 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any comments on this reel, I need a new set up and I was considering this as an option. Does anybody have any suggestions on anything maybe better for the money if they have used this reel before?

#3 · (Edited)
before buying

Lay a shimano stradic next to it and reel them both (its a joke) how much smoother the stradic is. I have never had a customer buy the pti after reeling the stradic. Also find a Tica Libra($59.95) 10 bb and it will be nicer then that PTI and compare to the shimano symetre.JUST A LITTLE ADVICE:)

#4 ·
until the shimbindo stradic gets wet.buy a pflueger medalist.

#5 ·
dodge

Pfluegers are Nice out the box but I get alot of customers that come back after 2 to 3 years or even 1 year with Bearings shot. I sell alot of reels and Pfuegers do not hold up . Though everyone has there own taste.I will admit out the box the reel is smooth:)

#6 ·
FYI: Just about every reel is smooth out of the box which means jack sh$t. Comparing "smoothness" between reels (in a store) is also meaningless.

In addition, the number of bearings are also irrelevant (but a great marketing tool). Large numbers of bearings do not replace good quality design and close tolerances. Many manufacturers mask sloppy tolerances with high bearing counts making consumers believe they're getting a bargain when in fact they're getting junk....PAY NOW OR PAY LATER!!!

Stick with proven brands like Daiwa and Shimano and you will not regret it!

Ronnie

#8 ·
5 bass,did they ever clean and lube them?people say car engines are junk when they seize but then you find they have no service records and if they do they used the wrong oil.i also have a couple that are over 3 years old with no problems because i lube them.

#11 ·
are you still going to say that when my trion round reels hit 10 years of sevice with no issues.one of them is going into it's 5th season.it was the first one i bought and i paid $25 on sale at sports authority.:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

#12 ·
Quantams are excellent reels. You definitly can not go wrong in getting one!! I have a bunch of them and have never had any problems and complaints. The Curado is also a nice real.

Don't listen to 5BASS his reels are nice and smooth out of the box because he never uses them to catch any fish. They never get a work out, except for that big one that just happens to always get away!!!:headshake :firing:

#13 ·
knowledge

Lets see triton your knowledge of reels comes from(what you bought) and you have used quantums so that makes them the best( just like when you had a nitro it was the best and a month ago you got a triton so that is the best). you talk about My fishing ability the only time I fished with you was on the alliance trail (lilly) you did not even know what a bed was and maybe if you did not skunk we would have finished higher then 4th( in your boat). By the way I thought john banned you from this board.:heart: The bottom line is in the morning I will be selling fishing reels while you are sitting home polishing your quantums.:eek: YOU KNOW I LOVE YA

#14 ·
First of all, I was banned once due to mistaken identity. They thought I was someone else. So I have bin able to post all along. Just haven't.

Second, Damb 5BASS you really go right to the throat, don't you. I was just messing with you a little. All in fun!!! You ask a question and I offer my opinion and you jump all over me. NICE!!!! I never said Quantams are the best just that they are a quality real and perform well. Are there better ones, probably. Why is it that when someone busts you alittle about your fishing that you get so bent??? Is it because maybe you are overcompensating for something!!!???? I love you man but chill out!!!! YOu didn't have to throw Lilly in my face and besides if it weren't for me you would have past over half the fish you caught!! I spotted them and let you stickem'. You are better at it than me, I conseed that. YOu can fish off my boat anytime if you need to!!

Later

#16 ·
Quantum Energy PTI spinning

I have a Quantum Energy PTi and find it very smooth with an outstanding drag.

In a real world test for me, the Quantum outperformed the Stratic IMHO playing (2) cookie cutter Bluefish (about 10 lbs each) caught within 15 minutes of each other one on each reel. The PTI drag felt much smoother during battle.

My 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.