The New York Bass Forums banner

(3) Reservoir Boats For Sale

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  NewGuy 
#1 ·
(3) Reservoir Boats For Sale I am selling three identical reservoir boats...They are

12' DMI/DISCOVERY semi-V hulls

The boats are in great to excellent shape and have no leaks
Very well made boats that typically use heavier gauge aluminum Vs other mfrs
They are 56" wide at the rails
They are ready to fish & currently located at various moors on the reservoirs

These boats are priced to sell at $ 450.00 each if picked up upon purchase
If they stay with me til spring, they are $ 475.00 each
Delivered to your door upon purchase to anywhere within 1 hour of Yonkers, $ 500.00 each

I have no papers for these boats as they are used and I am not the original owner and so no title paperwork exists...So they cannot easily be registered with DMV...They are boats destined to be rowed in a closed system such as the NYC Watershed...

Mark D

e-mail; basserachi@aol.com

See less See more
#4 ·
No John,
They are not hot, just without papers as most of these used reservoir boats are...I only sell the really hot ones to people I don't know...lol

Max,

They are on Cross River, Diverting and Croton Falls...The one I own on Kensico was sold last week but since it is identical to these three for sale, and since he is not taking ownership until spring, maybe I can convince the buyer to take one of the others if you want a Kensico transfer...Its on the Rye Lake side in area 12 south of your boat in area 11...

Others have contacted me with similar interests, to transfer rather than pull the boat off and start over from scratch...

Thanks for your interest...

MD

#6 ·
No Paladin,

I am not moving just yet... I am trying to upgrade and get all my boats into a mold of two or three different types...Right now, I have too many different kinds of boats and the oar lengths, seating arrangements, and cargo space inconsistency/consistency among my mini-fleet has become much more important to me than just having any boat...

The bottom line is that if i fish with a guy like Ronnie (Bass Stalker), there is no way in hell that with all the stuff we carry between us that we could both fish comfortably in some of my boats unless he stands on my shoulders...I guess I am just trying to avoid the inevitable, packing less gear...

Others, as was true for me for a long time, are very comfortable in any boat that floats and would see this as a senseless lateral move...But I have a gift, or should I say, a disease...

Thanks for the Q...

If you feel like slumming sometime next season and you still have your DEP permit, I'll row your ass around a little, providing you don't exceed my prerequisite passenger weight requirements...I already fished with one of your contemporaries, "The Reservoir Godfather" , Andy Footballs, the Bada Binging Goombah Graduate of Watershed B.A.S.S...If you're anything like him, I'll have a lot to learn...Keep the offer in mind...

MD

#7 ·
I have about 60 pounds on Footballs

but I think that I'll still fit. Do you fish at night at all? Thanks for the invite. A number of years ago I washed my life-time DEP permit and had to settle for the renewable version just after 9/11 but I am still legit.

#8 ·
Andy is one Svelt mofo...Although I have gotten him winded from rowing my "not so small ass" around a few times...lol...

Just as well that you lost your lifetime permit, b/c post 9/11, they were all revoked so now everyone is on the Public Access System and those boats affiliated with pre-9/11 permit holders that didn't get the new permit, well those boats are gone...most likely auctioned off to J Stewart and resold to the guy next door...What a fuckin racket that is...But i digress...

On night fishing, I fished Gilead a bunch of times at night...I loved it...Topwater mostly and white worms as opposed to what most guys use, black...But I could throw topwater all night, anykind...Lots of quality fish on plain old Hula Poppers...But i have built up a few assorted baits that i would think suitable for night fishing...Nothing unique, just nightfishing 101 baits like black single Colorado SBs and BBs...

The thing about night fishing is finding someone who is as enthusiastic about fishing as I am or you are, etc...The other thing I find that concerns me is a lake that is easily navigable...Gilead is a bowl and its seems easy, even for someone who has never been there...Besides, the clarity of that water is unmatched in the EoH Watershed...It is ultraclear, which may favor night fishing, or at least urge someone to try night Vs bright sunny day fishing...The same shape would be true for Gleneida which is equally bowl shaped but has the added bonus of the residual lighting from the commerce in the nearby town of Carmel on Rt 6...Adds a little sense of security for a fumbling fisherman like myself...

I have areas of Croton, Cross River and Titicus that I would feel completely comfortable navigating at night as I have come to know them much better over the last five years...And to tell you the truth, there are times during the summer shutdowns, or so they seem to me, that I would love to give those lakes a shot in favor of struggling thru a hot day with not much to show for it outside of breaking mats...So if you are up to it, I'm ready for some night fishing...

Think about coming around to one of the reservoir get togethers...Eager guys like myself could learn a lot of things from guys like you, Andy and Gary who really kinda started all this watershed shit in the first place...

Keep in touch...

MD

#9 ·
Reservoir Boat - Might be interested

basserachi said:
No John,
[...]

They are on Cross River, Diverting and Croton Falls...The one I own on Kensico was sold last week but since it is identical to these three for sale, and since he is not taking ownership until spring, maybe I can convince the buyer to take one of the others if you want a Kensico transfer...Its on the Rye Lake side in area 12 south of your boat in area 11...

Others have contacted me with similar interests, to transfer rather than pull the boat off and start over from scratch...

Thanks for your interest...

MD
Mark,

I might be interested in the Croton Falls boat. Send me a PM or e-mail
me.
Thanks.

-- Bill C.
(billchu@optonline.net)

#10 ·
Paladin said:
Are you moving out of the area? Or, upgrading to a different boat(s)?
Cub: Actually, the ongoing REC vs. TX thread made Mark realize he's worthless as a REC fisherman! He's in the process of selling all his Reservoir boats and UPGRADING to a Bass Boat and converting to a TX angler! Perhaps people will take him seriously after the transition!

BTW, you're more than welcome to come fishing with me. I'm keeping all my Reservoir boats since I'll never amount to anything other than a REC fisherman!

Ronnie

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Only One Boat Remaining !!!

Well two of the boats are gone...One still remains...

Matt and Bill gimme a call if you are still interested...

Ronnie, you are a friggin wiseass...An opportunistic one at that, coming into my benign, friendly little thread and starting that spillover shit...lol

You know as a quick sidebar to the business of this thread, I want to say that I have refused to even look at that thread mentioned earlier just based on the title alone...And now it's 300+ posts deep, and you know what, I don't give a shit...I don't know of any sound minded grown man that has ever had his mind completely changed by the words of another man with an opposing view...Oh boy, I can feel my blood clotting as I write these words...There goes the cardiac artery...V-fib... "CLEAR"

I'm back from the lighted tunnel once again as I managed to escape death once more by staying calm and without undo fishing stress...

How do I rationalize this these days...The way I figure it, I am 39 y/o...So I guess it would be safe to say that I have already lived about 1/3 to 1/2 of my total life already...Now, at the very least, conservatively speaking, I have slept 8 hours a day...That's 13 fucking years lost, shaved right off the top like a foreskin at a briss...Figure another 10 years wasted showering, eating, driving, shitting, wiping, and talking to braindead aqcuaintences and in-laws and all that other bullshit...Thats now about 23 years of my life almost completely and involuntarily given away...Subtract now all the hours I worked, starting from age 12 afterschool and thru HS and until now...You could arguably subtract study time in college, although I believe that was time somewhat well spent...So, do the math... I'm now down to about, I don't know, 15 - 18 years from a possible 39 years of actually doing what I want with my life...

Now, lets double that for the upcoming second half of my life, again conservatively, because only god knows what my golden years will be like...Those years could be semi-productive, semi-rewarding, but they could also be worthless or somewhere on the spectrum in between...Worst case, I could end up just a lonely old man wearing a pair of Depends with suspenders, standing in a dark cat infested room of a state nursing home, aside some fat Jamaican nurse who I'm calling "Mama" while she wipes my hairy wrinkled ass and feeds my toothless face with puree'ed vegetables...

So you see, when you put your life in the form of a tangible currency like that, I feel that I dont really want to waste any more precious time arguing with people whose minds I couldn't have changed in the first place...I'm not getting paid to educate anyone, so let them learn on their own...Ooops another aneurysm... "CLEAR"

So, leave all that shit alone...

I think Pat X said it best, and I'm not shining his ass either...But, he said, "Don't give this fish too much credit...Its just a fish"......And he said, Were all just a bunch of hacks...Well Pat, I couldn't agree more...We are...I don't know where the cutoff is for expertise and wisdom, but as far as experience, at least in what has been expressed in WRITING here and on so many other sites I visit, I have yet to be impressed with some vast wisdom of any single angler...So lighten up, all of you, and put things in perspective...

The reason I migrated to this site in the first place was to escape the narrowmindedness of my tight little circle of fishing friends, who in reality only wanted to bang jigs at the shores until the end of May when the pickings were easy...And then, they would wait for me to call them with the lake, the pattern, the time, the lure, the color and the "when the next peak day" would be...Well you know what I told my friends, Go F*@k Yourselves...All up inside your a$$ and mouth......

Fishing shouldn't be political...One shouldn't have to strain himself to fish...And I don't mean political in the traditional Republican/Democratic sense of the word...But it shouldn't be socially political either, and it shouldn't require the strained efforts that we often have to exert just to have some fun...So thats why I am in celibacy with respect to fornicating in one of these arguments that we so easily manufacture, ever again...And FYI, tournament fisherman are recreational fisherman...Do they fish because they actually dont enjoy it ?...

Anyway, even though I didn't read the thread, I swear, I bet there is some relativity and truth in the map I have drawn here in my little benign thread about boats for sale...

So, back to where I started...

ONE BOAT IS STILL REMAINING FOR SALE !!!

MATT AND BILL>>>CALL ME AS NEEDED

Mid-Life

Mark D

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
John,

First of all, apology accepted...lol

And you are an excellent fact checker...You know all that nonsense of a post flowed fluidly from my mind to my fingertips...But one of the only pauses I had during that whole transcription was when I was describing my "ass of the future" expected in my senior years...

I swear, and may god strike me dead right now if I am lying here...But I first had "smoothe wrinkled ass" but after some deliberation I opted to change it, as I thought the word smoothe was too effeminate for me and I was going for the more vulgar image for effect...But f**kin KUDOS to you...I really mean it...That was some pick up...Now get back to fishing, you bitch...

Max,

This is part of what I was trying to convey on the phone to you this afternoon...I'm glad you got a laugh...Thats why I do what I do, to laugh...You see, my currency, as I call it, is running out...And I believe I should laugh as much as possible until I completely run out of funds...And nothing makes me laugh more than seeing or feeling others laugh...

I made my wife read that post to me outloud, and I gotta say...I laughed quite a bit myself...She just thinks its plain old me...

Anyway, with any good comedy, there is some truth...Those are some prophetic words from an educated motherf**ker like myself...

Health Professional

"First, Do No Harm"...lol

MD

#16 ·
Ugh, 'Racchi..??

Are you supposed to be wearing rubber gloves when you handle all those medications??...{LMBO}

#20 ·
Nice Job Mark...

What a friggin' excellent thread.
Sorry, I jumped on a little late but your "rant post" was like reading the mission statement from "Jerry Maguire"...good stuff....NO...Great stuff.
I can't commit to a boat yet but I hope when I do there will be some guy willing to sell me one.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.